CQC paid us a visit in March and we were thrilled to receive an excellent report in all the 5 key areas – safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
Unfortunately, they were unable to provide us with an overall rating in the same way as a GP surgery as we are classed as an independent organisation who are ineligible for ratings. Hopefully this will change in the future and we look forward to aiming for an outstanding rating next time they visit!
Their key findings were:
• The service had clear systems to manage risk so that safety incidents were less likely to happen. When incidents did happen, the service learned from them and improved their processes.
• The service routinely reviewed the effectiveness and appropriateness of the care it provided. It ensured that care and treatment was delivered according to evidence- based guidelines.
• Staff involved and treated patients with compassion, kindness, dignity and respect.
• Patients found it easy to access the service and reported that they were able to access care quickly.
• There was a strong focus on continuous learning and improvement at all levels of the organisation.
Please follow this link to read the full report https://www.cqc.org.uk/sites/default/files/new_reports/AAAH2333.pdf