The majority of patients will have been seen by one of our dermatology team prior to surgery. We endeavour to try to give you an appointment for your surgery when you are in the dermatology clinic. Sometimes this isn’t always possible and it might be that we arrange a date over the phone over the subsequent few days.
- We will need to know what medications you take including aspirin and warfarin as some medications need to be stopped before surgery.
- We would like you to eat and drink normally on the day of surgery.
- Appointments last anything from 10 minutes through to an hour and a half depending on what is planned.
- When you arrive we will introduce all members of the team and discuss what treatment options are available so that we can formulate a plan together.
- We will talk to you about the risks of the operation which are mainly bruising over the few days after the operation and infection of the wound. We do everything we can to minimise these risks.
- Sometimes we ask your permission to take a photo to hold on your records for further reference in the future.
- After the procedure we will talk about how we will contact you with the results and whether we will need to see you again in the dermatology clinic.
- We run through how to manage the wounds. Don’t worry you don’t have to remember it as we give you an information sheet with it all written down.
If you have any questions after you have left just phone in to speak to one of our admin team who will either try to answer your query or will arrange for one of the team to speak to you as soon as is possible.