MB ChB (1985 University of Dundee)
Dr Christy Chou graduated from Dundee University in 1985 and worked as a GP principal from 1989 – 2000. He then changed career and retrained in the Department of Plastic surgery, Durham from Feb 1994 and has worked as a Trust Surgeon part time, since 1996. Christy has performed cosmetic procedures including Botox and collagen injections from 1998 – 2003. In 2002 he was instrumental in setting up the Dermatology and Skin Surgery Service for Darlington and Dales PCT whilst continuing to work part time as a Trust Surgeon. Annually, Christy performs over 2000 local anaesthetic procedures, more than half of these are skin cancers which is his main interest.
- Associate member of the Royal College of Surgeons (RCS London)
- Faculty member of the Plastic Surgery Speciality Skills Course , RCS ( www.rcseng.ac.uk )
- Faculty member for the Intermediate Head and Neck flap course RCS London
- Course organiser for the annual plastic surgery skills course in Durham, RCS
- Course orgainser for North East Flap course through Newcastle University Medical School.(www.northeastflapcourse.co.uk )Surgical committee member for the primary care Dermatology Society since 2006 (www.pcds.org.uk )
- Chairman of North East Dermatology, organising both dermoscopy and nurse training courses. www.dermatologynortheast.co.uk
- Founder of North East Skin Surgery Society in 2013 www.northeastskinsurgery.co.uk
- Passionate in teaching GPs and junior doctors in the fundamentals of Plastic Surgery.