Here is some of the feedback we have received by department:
Here is some of our recent feedback…
- Everything about this clinic is very well organised, from receiving appointments to meeting the doctor.
- Dr. Cawley has seen me four times – on each occasion she has been very professional and has given me the right amount of information. Thank you.
- I would like to express my gratitude to all the staff concerned, not only for their medical knowledge but more importantly for their understanding and kind procedures.
- The service my sister received on the last two appointments with Dr. Chaudhri were excellent – lovely man.
- I was extremely impressed with the treatment I received from the initial appointment to the follow up – very professionally dealt with from all members of staff.
- 1st Class from original consultation to surgical treatment and further consultations requiring treatment!
- Professor Harrison is an excellent specialist doctor and Amanda is a lovely and efficient assistant.
- The care I received was brilliant, far preferable to my previous experience when I was referred to WCH to see a consultant and went to Carlisle for treatment. This service has been a lot faster from initial doctor’s appointment to seeing a consultant and treatment being received at a local clinic in Cleator Moor
- Really pleased with this local service being available. Thank you very much for the care I have received and fast treatment date, issued at the time by the consultant. Previously it took about 6 weeks for an appointment for treatment to come through the post, with a date around 2 weeks later. Many thanks for everyone’s help
- I was very impressed with service given to me at the clinic
- On every visit to your clinic so far I have been very happy with the care and treatment received and would certainly recommend you to others
- Explanations were clear and also emphasized by the copy letters received along with names of the previous lotions and potions
- Very approachable consultant dermatologist – very satisfied with consultation
- The service and treatment was very good indeed with the result, the removal of the carcinoma and the treatment afterwards of the damaged skin, being successful. Good for you NHS and all happening locally!!
- Arrived on time to be seen straightaway. Discussed all that was needed and procedure was quick and painless. I could not have asked for any better. Thank you.
- I found the whole experience from my first appointment with the community dermatology to receipt of this letter extremely well-managed and professional. I rate this service very highly and, as an operation manager for the NHS, I would benchmark this service as a standard we should all aspire to achieve. Excellent.
- Efficient appointment – from seeing the doctor to the day of surgery. Friendly service, put me at ease. Helpful staff both in clinic and over the telephone. Thanks.
- Totally satisfied in every way. Courteous and helpful professionals and support staff.
- Excellent service throughout. The surgeon and nurses were very aware of my needs. Holding the nurse’s hand during the injection helped a lot. Thanks to the surgeon for putting up with my chat throughout. It helped me – I hope it didn’t drive him too made! Many thanks.
- I never once felt alone which was really nice. They also let my daughter stay with me.
- I was very well looked after.
- Completely put at ease by nurse. Barely felt a thing. Very satisfied with service and treatment. Pleased with results. Thanks to staff.
Carpal Tunnel Service
All patients are forwarded a patient survey 3 months post-op questioning them on a range of subjects including scar satisfaction, effectiveness of local anaesthetic, clinic facilities, doctor and nurse manner, and overall satisfaction.
Here is some of our recent feedback
- I am impressed with the whole thing. I was surprised to hear my condition was so advanced but help was close. I felt at ease at the initial appointment and was kept at ease during the procedure by Dr White and the nurse Louise. Everything I needed to do to help me recover was clearly explained. I adhered to the instructions and 8 weeks on had full grip back and the ability to lift quite well. I’m so pleased I was referred to Maryport, lovely hospital (I don’t like hospitals much). Thank you so much.
- Dr. White did an exceptional job. His professional manner and expertise being quite remarkable. He deserved 10 out of 10 and a gold star. I am more than happy with the procedure. Many thanks.
- As a working farmer I was grateful for the speed of the service.
- A very efficient and effective service carried out in an appropriately safe setting by highly competent staff for which I offer many thanks.
- My appointments and final treatment were excellent. Dr. White explained everything to me, was professional and very easy to communicate with. I found the whole experience a refreshing change; the system worked well for all parties and was a very positive experience. The ease of communication regarding appointments, the locality of clinics I visited (Carlisle and Maryport) and the simple appointment system made it a very positive experience. My hands 12+ weeks on are now pain free. I am able to do tasks I was not able to do before without pain. I would certainly recommend this treatment and clinical team. Thank you.
- Overall I’m really pleased with how I’ve been treated; surgeon, nurse and receptionist were all professional and friendly and I was seen very quickly after being referred by my doctor so I’m very pleased. Thank you.
- All excellent. Thank you very much.
All patients are forwarded a patient survey 4 weeks post-op questioning them on a range of subjects including scar satisfaction, effectiveness of local anaesthetic, clinic facilities, doctor and nurse manner, and overall satisfaction
- Dr. White and his team made the procedure comfortable and it was carried out in a professional manner. The doctors and attending nurses were friendly and cheery making the whole exercise relaxed.
- This team in Cumbria is unbelievably efficient. After seeing my GP I had an appointment at a clinic in my town the following week and a date for surgery about one month after that. As I was able to take the local anaesthetic option, disruption to normal life was minimal. I have had a lot of excellent care from the NHS over the years, but every step of this treatment pathway was exceptional and I would recommend the team to anyone.
- Pleasant experience throughout. Staff were excellent. 8:30am – 9.40am – wow. Treated me like an old friend. Why can’t more NHS procedures be like this? 10 out of 10. Thank you for improving my life.
- The whole experience was conducted in a calm, reassuring manner. The clinic itself felt almost like a private clinic, the rooms were modern and clean. The procedure was carried out confidently and was very quick! Nothing negative at all to add and 6-8 weeks later I’m back up and running.
- As far as any medical operation is concerned I suppose one has to say that this was a ‘pleasant experience’. I was well treated throughout and the staff were excellent. I have never had an operation before and I was nervous about the local anaesthetic aspect. Dr. White explained the advantages of this and the nurses kept up a constant conversation with me throughout the procedure. Aftercare was good and I was able to speak to Dr. White on a couple of occasions after the op when I needed some reassurance regarding some of the after effects.
- I found the operation and recovery surprisingly straightforward. Please convey my sincere thanks to Dr. Martin White and his team who treated me with great kindness and courtesy.
- The total service was excellent resulting in complete satisfaction.
- Totally satisfied but cannot understand why total procedure could not have been carried out at the new Cockermouth hospital.
To Give Us Feedback
Patients can fill in a patient experience survey at the end of their consultation and pop it into our posting box before they leave the clinic.
You can also read and post reviews on the I Want Great Care website here… iWantGreatCare. Once you have been directed to the iWantGreatCare website please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link “Write a Review”.
If you would like to leave us feedback based on your procedure, please select the relevant department below: